Pages

Twitter follow

Saturday, December 3, 2011

another day to get it done

The hardest part of writing are the multiple distractions we use to allow ourselves not to write. The television show (which we can view on demand later or dvr), the book by a fellow author we want to read, the children, the husband, the wife, the something that is always taking precedents over just getting your pages done. I know it's difficult, I struggle with the procrastination. But the overwhelming thought in my head now is that people expect a second book. I am expected to write it. I made a indirect promise to people that, if they read the 1st book (in the series), there would be more to come. So I'm walking away from the computer (I write longhand) and getting the words on the page and then I can watch television or read a book. And I've accomplished my goals for the day. Happy writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment