Pages

Twitter follow

Monday, December 26, 2011

The Awakening by Lisa M. Lilly

I'm still reading this book so I can't do a full review of what I think. I find the concept intriguing. A female Messiah. I'm not sure if the author is pro-feminist, pro-choice, or very religious. And that's what also makes this story a good read. You can have your own beliefs about any of those subject but don't let it get in the way of reading this book. I found myself really pissed that Tara's parents would try to have her committed because she was contemplating an abortion. (She never said she was, they took her journal out of context). Which made me think about the choices women have and who gets to make the choices for us, when it's our bodies. So far I'd have to rate this book a 4.5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment