Pages

Twitter follow

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Challenges of a writer

I wanted to have the third book in the Perri Stone series ready for release on April 30, 2013. But so many things are going on.

In my day job, my promotion to Supervisor, took (and takes) a lot of my mental capacity on a day to day basis. And I have to force myself (which is not conducive to good writing)  to take time for my creative time. On the other hand, I know that without my creative self being able to write, my mental state will break down considerably because I need to write (just like I need to breath).

I don't want to seem overly gushy or whatever, but I am taking time to write what I think is the best story I can write at the time I write it.

My fictional Kansas City is just that Fiction. My prison, Dexter County Correctional Facility, is just that, Fiction. I have taken the good and the bad from my ten years in Corrections to try and write entertaining stories. I get that everyone won't like what I write. I am okay with that. I am always trying to create the best story I can and if you have read any of my stories, you may or may not know that.

I have been writing for over thirty years. I am always trying to improve my craft. I used to write to feed my children. And actually I'm really sorry that I don't have all the Penthouse Letters I wrote all those years ago because they also helped to make me the writer I am today.

So, if you are a fan or supporter and are wondering what is taking me so long to complete book three, understand that I don't want to put out a rushed job. I want to put out, it bears repeating, "the best story I am capable of writing" at the time I write it.
Juin

No comments:

Post a Comment